Company or corporation you can register in India online using the government portal www.mca.gov.in or mca21 portal. Since India is developing the national government of India has provided the facility for ease of doing business under which all kinds of company registration can be done online. You can register your business as a company or LLP in India sitting in your home using a facility of online company registration.
Types of company Or Corporation you can register in India using online portal MCA21.
Private Limited Company: – Private Limited Company is a popular business structure across India. As form the name it shows that private limited company is a type of corporation or business owned by a private group of persons and members of this group can be two or more. The privately held corporation has some special features such as limited liability, separate management, easy to operate, easy to fiancé, and transferability of shares between one person to another easily. These are some features due to this private limited company is a popular business structure and liked by most investors. For registration of business as a private limited company you need a minimum of two people as shareholders however, there is a maximum limit of shareholders in case a privately held corporation is two hundred. This shareholder can be a natural person or a corporation. For private limited company registration, there is another requirement under the Indian companies act and this is the director and a minimum number of directors rewired for registration a private limited company is two however if you planning to appoint more than two directors in the private limited corporation you can do so since there is no bar on a maximum number of directors in case of the private limited company. An only a natural person can be a director. Directors can be shareholders and shareholders can be directors in the company.
shareholder means owner or shareowner who owns shares in the company by participating in the share capital of the company. Shareholders can be natural persons or artificial persons created by law like company, LLP, Body Incorporated, Corporation. It can be a resident of India or can be non-resident. You can become a shareholder in two ways first is by purchasing it from an existing registered company and second is by incorporation of a private limited company or public limited company.
The number of shareholders required in case of registration of the company in India.
- In the case of Private Limited Company minimum number of shareholders required is TWO and the maximum is 200.
- In the case of Public Limited Company minimum number of shareholders required is SEVEN and there is no restriction on the number of shareholders in this type of company. There can be N number of shareholders.
- In the case of One Person Company minimum and a maximum number of shareholders required is ONE. However, in this form of the company only Indian Residents can be shareholders.
The Director is the person who manages the affairs of the company here. It is the person who involves in day to day activity of company such as the appointment of executives, issue instruction, take strategic decisions, etc. directors collectively called the board of directors and individually called the director. It can be only a natural person. If you wish to become a director in a company that registered in India you must have a DIN (Director Identity Number). DIN is a number of eight-digit issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) as per the provision of the Indian Companies Act, 2013. One can obtain by filing a DIN allotment application online using the MCA21 portal www.mca.gov.in. You can file an application for the issue of DIN in e-form DIR-3. After filling all information in form DIR-3 and mandatory attachment you need to signed it digitally using your own digital signature. Director can be from any nation.
The number of directors required in case of registration of a company in India.
- In the case of business as a private limited company, the minimum number of directors required is TWO.
- In the case of a public limited company, the minimum number of directors required is THREE.
- In the case of a person company (OPC) a minimum number of directors required is ONE.
List information and documents required under the Indian company’s registration law.
Company formation in India below information and document you need to submit to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA): –
FOR SHAREHOLDERS AND DIRECTORS:-
If shareholder and director is a citizen of India: –
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) copy.
- ID proof company and it can be anyone from this PASSPORT, AADHAR CARD, DRIVING LICENCE OR VOTER ID CARD.
- Passport size color photo
- Email ID.
- Phone Number.
- Latest Address proof and it can be anyone from this LATEST BANK STATEMENT, TELEPHONE BILL, MOBILE BILL, OR ELECTRICITY BILL.
If shareholder and director are Non-Resident: –
- Copy of international PASSPORT.
- Copy of Government issued IDENTITY PROOF.
- Copy of CITIZENSHIP PROOF issued by the government.
- Passport size color photo
- Email ID.
- Phone Number.
ALL THESE INFORMATION AND DOCUMENT FOR NON-RESIDENT MUST BE APOSTILLE OR NOTARIZED AS PER THE LAW OF THEIR COUNTRY.
FOR PURPOSED COMPANY: –
A registered office address for all communication purposes. A registered office can be owned or rented.
Registered office address proof can be anyone from these: –
- TELEPHONE BILL.
- MOBILE BILL.
- ELECTRICITY BILL.
- GAS BILL
- OR ANY OTHER UTILITY BILL
- RENT AGREEMENT OR NOC FOR USE OF ADDRESS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.