Online Society Registration
Transparent Fee & Easy Process
A society is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in India. It can be registered on a state or national level for educational, charitable, religious, welfare or for promotion of art, music, culture, etc. In India, this registration is done under The Societies Registration Act of 1860.
To form an NGO, at least seven people with a common purpose must come together and adopt a memorandum of association and bylaws for the functioning of the society. In India, most state governments have adopted The Societies Registration Act, 1860 as a tool to improve registration of societies and to ensure better maintenance of the society as per law. There are two types of societies: one is for national level societies and another is for state level societies. Minimum seven members must come together with a common purpose of being formed into society. However, in the case of national level societies, members or desirous people must represent seven different states. The process of registering NGOs as societies differs from state to state. We will assist you in drafting, filing and following up with the registrar until its registration.
Document for registration of society online all in soft copy
- Self-attested PAN card of all members of society
- Self-attested copy of Id proof such as Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Passport, Driving License.
- Colour Photograph passport size must be latest one.
- Valid email ID and Phone No in the name of members.
- Society address proof such as electricity bill.
- Rent agreement in case of society is on rented address.
- NOC as consent letter and sale deed if rented premises is owned.
Feature and benefit of Society Registration in India
- Purchase a certain property without legal hassles. Registering the society can help you do this.
- You can get income tax exemption if the society you are working for is registered under the act.
- Protect the incorporated body’s properties against an opponent who is seeking to own them.
- File your income tax return to avail tax exemption. The Society working under the act is eligible to do so.
- You can file legal cases against the defaulters or in case of a dispute. The Society has the right to enforce proceedings regarding legal affairs in the court.
Registering a society is a simple process.
- To register your society, you need to find out what the requirements are for Society Registration in the state where your registered office is located.
- Find Suitable name, when a group of people intends to form a society, they should decide on a name, objects for the society and registered office.
- After a decision has been made, a legal practitioner will draft the Society’s Memorandum of Association.
- Once MOA is formed, it will be signed by all members and witnessed by a Notary Public.
- At least three members of the governing board must sign the Society’s Rules and Regulations.
- Once you have completed the documents above, you can file them with other necessary documents at the Registrar of Societies or another state-level authority responsible for society registration.
- After reviewing the application for society registration, the Registrar can either approve it or require additional information from the applicant.
- Certified copies of the Society’s MOA and Rules & Regulations are evidence that the society was registered at the time of registration, which is prima facie evidence.
- When the local bodies are completely satisfied with the Society Registration documents and rules and regulations, the application is approved and the society is registered.